Thursday, September 3, 2009

How to Clean Your Pipes

Have ya seen Jamie Lee Curtis in that commercial that they show over and over again? You know the one where the one lady is tryin' to coax another lady into goin' swimmin'? And the first lady squinches up her face like she's smells somethin' unpleasant and starts rubbin' her tummy and says she can't go swimmin', with bowlegged women, no no sorry... she can't go swimmin' cause she's a bit irregular. You know that commercial of which I'm speakin'?
Well, I was a bit puzzled 'bout what they meant by irregular and all the talk about "Irregular Bowel Syndrome" (IBS as it's often referred to). Anything that ends in syndrome sounds serious to me, you too? What they're advertisin' is a product called "Activia", and you really can't just say the word, ya have to sorta sing it like they do on the TV... you know, Ac-tiv-ee-ah! I went and bought some of the stuff Monday, the strawberry flavored kind... it's a strawberry yogurt is what it is. Honestly I didn't know what they were talkin' about when they were talkin' about IBS. Well, let me tell you somethin'... I now have a pretty darn good idea of what it means now!

It tasted like any of them little yogurt cups, strawberry-like and yogurty, but what happens afterwards... well, just refer to the title of this blog. Bet you thought I was gonna help ya with your household plumbing, huh?
Ac-tiv-ee-ah!
It works... trust me. It's a good thing I live alone.

6 comments:

  1. Since my process of elimination is a bit hampered, I just might have to try it. I'll let you know how it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's the spirit Ms. A! You're always there for me. It's a good thing you're a close to the house person... that will help a bunch for ya.
    What's good is to blend a frozen banana, 1 cup of orange juice and a container of Activia (any flavor) - makes a really good fruit smoothie... among other things, but I'm not goin' there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say you'll go when you hafta go. Probably. Regardless, when I start making a dessert out of a laxative I want somebody to just shoot me. The "inner me" will appreciate it. Pool N. Maleg.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ida,

    Your plug for Activia sounded so nummy that I got me some and mixed it with banana and orange juice just like you suggested. I wasn't constipated, but the stuff sounded so delicious I had to try it this morning. It was wonderful! I think I'll-- Whoa!--

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, lil Big Al, you'll think your dear, sweet Ida whenever your pipes are clogged, trust me on this.

    ReplyDelete