Thursday, June 24, 2010
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
Monday, May 31, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
I love the words journey and adventure, don't you? The thing is, I'm not waiting for the journey or waiting for the adventure... I'm living the journey, the adventure. That's what I have to do, is to be present in my life and do the best I can for myself and those around me. Of course, I can't make the journey on my own, and I don't want to have an adventure by myself, so I have God with me at all times. I don't need another human being to complete me, I just need God. I talk to Him often and thank Him for my triumphs, plead with Him for help, and praise Him for his miracles. He helps in so many ways. Here's an example: I've got 4 hours of work left and I didn't bring any extra snacks, so I go out to the snack machine and find the lowest calorie thing I can - animal crackers. I go and get my 50 cents and when I return I put my $ in the machine, but find out I put $ in the soft drink machine instead of the snack machine. The money won't come out, so I see it as I need to get me a diet DP instead of the crackers. Get back to my desk with a drinking glass full of ice and some DP in it and realize I have grapes in the refrigerator!!! Wow, what a save by The Big Guy. If you ask for His help, He'll be there. With His help, I've lost 9 lbs.
During my journey, my adventure, I've got my eyes and ears opened to His direction. Not trying to be over religious, but He is my God and He helps me. Here are other things that I do, you've probably heard 'em all:
1. Eat with chopsticks when I can. It takes longer to eat and you end up taking food in slower and realize how full you are before you overload.
2. Think before you eat. Find out if you're really hungry before you eat.
3. Keep only "good" food around the house, fruits, veggies, popcorn. I just bought a hot air popper!
4. Drink lots of water. Water is my favorite drink!
5. Bring to work with you a drinking glass that you love to drink out of, fill it with ice and pour in Crystal Lite Peach Tea or a Diet DP or Diet Coke. It's a treat.
6. I'm going to take an exercise class, probably water aerobics. I have bad knees and a bad back and feel like exercising in the water will be best for me... besides, isn't that how old people exercise anyway. Ha!
7. As much as you possibly can, do NOT watch commercials. They lure me in and make me crave everything!
8. Do your own cooking. Leave fast food for reward days.
9. Set aside a day of the week to eat what you really are craving. I can't do without pizza or hamburgers or Mexican food forever, so I save special days to have these kinds of foods. In the meantime, I cook them myself, but with fewer calories - it's really the best way, and after awhile you grow to like the less calorie foods.
Those are just 9 ways that I live my days, will post more later. You'll be hearing of my success and of the miracles that occur.
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Sunday, May 2, 2010
My adorable Grandsons call me Gamma, I love that name. I made it up because it's like I have extra powers like in the Gamma rays The Hulk has. I'm mean like The Hulk, and if I continue this same course, I'll be as big as The Hulk in no time. Don't know what to do about being green. But I sure am Gamma.
Anyway, while I'm there... I sit and watch them watch TV, every once in awhile Faolan will say somthing like, "Gamma, you're looking at me." I also play with them as much as I can, working through the knee, foot and back pain... usually sit on the floor, makes it easier on the pain and we surround ourselves with toys. We also go to the Richardson Zoo in Garden City, and I watch Faolan and Deni climb The Rocket. The Rocket is on the playground there and people climb to the top of it. The Rocket even has a profile on Facebook... I kid you not! It's not real tall, I plan on climbing it this year. I am an actual friend of The Rock! Cool!!
And we'll go to "Story Time" at the Library, and I'll get to watch the boys faces light up while listening to some sweet person read a book to them and other kids. You know, I think I'd like to do that. I can do voices and a British accent that Big Al absolutely hates me to do but I love doing it. Wow, that would be a bunch of fun to read stories to kids. Wish I could make a living at that, or add to my income by doing it - very cool. I wonder if they even pay the person who reads to the kids, it's probably a volunteer thing, that might be fun anyway.
We ALWAYS go to the Thai Restaurant! It's excellent food, very hot! My Moochies are beyond regulars there, they are totally into Thai food. I don't know of a decent Thai Restaurant around here, wish I did. I always get the chicken with veggies, extremely spicey - Moke couldn't take the heat, he's not good with spicy hot flavors, he's such a weenee. And you get a big glob of steamed rice with it.
Let's see what else are we going to do, oh yes, we'll go to Sondra and Robert's (that's Deni's Mom and step-dad) house and have a BBQ in their backyard. This is always fun and we have a good visit with them. They're putting their trailer in E&D's yard and hooking it up so that I can stay there during my visit. The reason for that is that E&D have some exotic animals that I'm totally unfond of and don't want to sleep in the same room with. For instance... cats, 2 rats, and a bearded dragon! Oh such joy for me!! But staying in the trailer is going to be a dream, and an awfully sweet and loving gesture from my dear friend Sondra.
Another thing we'll be doing is to go to Walmart, probably 2 or 3 times during my visit. I hate Walmart, especially hate the Walmart in Garden City. The diversity of this town is... well it's diverse... very much so. You have many, many Mexican Americans, lots of white people, some Ammenites, and a few blacks. On rare occasions I will get a return smile, which truly makes my day! But for the most part, these groups keep to their own kind and give the other kind hateful looks. It can get scary, but the best thing to do is just to pretend that we're all a like and that no one is better than anybody else, and remember to smile... smile you're ars off, and you'll pretty much be okay.
Yelp, 13 days and I'll see My 4 Moochies - Gamma is beyond excited!!!!!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Friday, April 16, 2010
Friday, March 26, 2010
8. Standing all day and using scissors and blow-dryer takes its toll. I have arthritis in my fingers, calcium deposits in my wrist, and 10 percent less hearing than I used to. I am a physical wreck!
Sunday, March 14, 2010
I found out that Deni dreaded her hair, she loves it that way and feels more like herself with dreads. She'd look beautiful bald headed as far as I'm concerned. Faolan is taking karate. And Rowan can flip his Daddy over when he doesn't get off the slide at Chuck E Cheese.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Friday, February 19, 2010
I really do appreciate this Jill. Do you think that the next time you drop by you could straighten the place up a bit, and pick me up some of that Crystal Lite Peach Tea that I like so much? Thanks darlin', as your brother Mark would say, "You're a peach."
Thursday, February 11, 2010
Sunday, January 31, 2010
1. Make a batch of slim soup filled with all the veggies that you love and tons of beans, making it a chicken broth or beef broth base, dependin' of course on the kind of meat you put in it. Have a cup or a bowl of this soup before supper and it will calm your appetite and you won't eat so much. This really works for me.
2. I have fallin' in love with those tiny iddy biddy oranges called Clementines! I snack on 'em at work. They're so easy, just peel and eat, and they taste amazin'! If you haven't tried 'em yet, you just gotta!
3. Eat an apple everyday. I opt for the small Gala apples, and I don't like to just grab 'em and eat, prefer to cut them in wedges, removing all the core and ick stuff. I know this guy who eats the entire apple, core and all! That is weird to me, but whatever.
4. Try findin' substitutes for fattening foods. I have no problem drinkin' or cookin' with skim milk or with sugar substitutes. BUT, there's one thing I won't substitute, ever. That thing is Hellman's mayonaise! Don't even try to take my Hellman's away from me, you might loose a hand! Hellman's makes the world go round for me. Don't dare mess with it in anyway, it can NOT be substituted, just eat less of it.
And now if you'll all look under your chair, you will find that everyone is receivin' their very own jar of Hellman's! Yea! Yippee! Whoopdee! That's what Oprah would have said. She gives away stuff, I don't.
5. This suggestion right here is the very best suggestion I can give you to Get Fit. Just watch "The Biggest Loser" and imagine yourself as a contestant. OMGosh! I think about myself up there on the scale with millions of people watchin', and I'm in a pair of spandex shorts and a sports bra! Oh the humanity!!
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Friday, January 15, 2010
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
1 lg chicken breast or 1 lb lean hamburger
2 cups whole kernel corn
1 can fat-free chicken broth
1 can Bush pinto beans, undrained
1 can great northern beans, undrained
1 can fat-free refried beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Ro-Tel
Saute the onion until soft. Add the other ingredients to pot. Simmer for 1 hour.