Saturday, January 23, 2010

Uses for a Penny


Uses for a Penny...


I had no idea that pennies could be used for so many things. Found these uses, which were thought up by a feller named John Lawton. They were posted on Yahoo.

1. Curtain Straightener - Make an opening in the bottom hem, slide in a penny or two, and sow the hem back up to keep curtains hanging level and straight.

2. Thread Checker - Insert a penny into the groove of a tire with Lincoln's head pointing into the tire. if the groove covers part of his head, you're safe to drive; if the head is in full view, it's time for new wheels.

3. Table Anchor - If you dine out and the table is unsteady, put a coin under the leg to restore balance.

4. Makeshift Screwdriver - Use a penny to screw open a toy's battery pack.

5. Birdbath Cleaner - To ward off algae, toss in a few pre-1982 coins; the high copper content retards growth,


Those are very good uses for a penny. Here's some from me, I'm Ida, and I know stuff:

1. When you're playing football with your brothers, the game is tied and it's starts a rain pourin', flip a coin to see who the winner was.

2. I used to have a pair of penny-loafers and I would put a penny in 'em. Somebody needs to research how and why this fad began.

3. Find a penny, pick it up, all the day you'll have good luck - everybody knows that one, huh?

4. If everyone in the World was to save a penny for each day that they lived and we put all them pennies side-by-side, that line of pennies would reach to the moon and back 4,132 times. [I don't know that for sure, I just made it up. Sounds official, don't it?]


Rooftoppers? Can you think of any more uses for a penny? Well of course ya can, but you won't send your ideas in, cause ya never do, so don't even think about sendin' any of those ideas in, cause I don't wanna hear 'em. They say, "A penny for your thoughts"... well that's pretty much what my thoughts are worth these days.


________________________________________


1 comment:

  1. If someone offered me a penny for my thoughts, they're bound to expect change!

    ReplyDelete