Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas is on it's way

Well my sweet Rooftoppers, Christmas is on its way. Seems the older I get, the faster Christmas comes around. Throughout the month of December, I'll have some decoratin' ideas, recipes, funny jokes and Merry Christmas wishes for all of our readers.
Firstly, let me start by sayin', to everyone who is readin' my words... I love you. I appreciate you takin' the time to read my blog and for readin' Big Al's blogs and for readin' Mark's articles. This time a year makes me a nicer person, think it makes us all nicer. To me, that's the best thing about these end of the year Holidays, it makes most of us kinder to our fellow man/woman/teenager/kid.



How to make a BUTTON WREATH:
Materials needed: assorted buttons, cardboard, metallic gold spray paint, multi purpose cement glue



Instructions:
1. Cut approximately 3 1/2" inch diameter circle from cardboard.
2. Spray paint the front and back of cardboard circle gold.
3. Use cement glue to arrange buttons on the cardboard making sure to cover cardboard edges. Arrange larger plain button on the bottom and place unique, colored buttons on top.
4. Once glue has dried, display on a small plate stand or attach ribbon and use as an ormanment or decoration.
TIP: Have lots of different colored buttons? Use metallic gold spray paint to spray paint them for this project.
DID YOU KNOW?
*In Denmark, they put hot porridge outside for the pixies on Christmas Eve.
*The first gingerbread man is credited to the court of Queen Elizabeth I, who favored important visitors with charming gingerbread likenesses of themselves.
TOP TEN UNSAFE TOYS FOR CHRISTMAS
10. The Junior Electrician Outlet Panel
9. Hasbro's Slippery Steps
8. Black & Decker Silly Driller
7. Roof Hanger Paratrooper Outfit
6. Remco's Pocket Hive
5. Traffic Tag
4. Will It Burn? From Parker Brothers
3. Chimney Explorer
2. My First Ferret Farm
1. Ooh - You're Blue!, the Hold-Your-Breath Game
[from David Letterman's Tonight Show]


No comments:

Post a Comment